Many business owners are in a cash-crunch at the beginning stages of growing a business. It’s an important skill to always be able to, and to know how to generate an influx of cash when needed. Though other forms of business building can be created for consistent income…never forget the power of the “up-sell” for immediate cash.
Remember there are 2 ways to make money:
1. Sell a valuable service or product to new customers/clients.
2. Sell an additional valuable service or product to existing customers/clients.
Example of a successful “up-sell” of a package–Sardinia style!
Glenn and I are in Sardinia, Italy on our honeymoon. We’re staying at a lovely boutique hotel, that we enjoyed a great dinner at the first night we arrived. Though the food and atmosphere here are spectacular, I want to get out and see as much of Sardinia as possible so I planned on dining elsewhere the rest of the nights we are here.
That is until Glenn saw the package our hotel offered on night 3:
Celebration of Summer 5 course tasting dinner and then evening sailboat ride with a midnight swim.
That sounded like fun to us, so we purchased the package!
Here are some pictures of our dinner, sailboat ride–with a fireworks show!
So as you can see, even if your current clients were not necessarily planning on purchasing more from you, if you offer something of value that they need, want or like, you don’t have to go out and find new clients to sell to, you can sell more to the clients you already have.
1. Think of a product or service that your existing clients could benefit from.
2. Put together a package and decide on a price.
3. Call, email, Facebook etc. to get the word out to your existing clients about your new package or product.
4. Sell a new product or package this week!
5. Post a comment and let me know how many new packages you sell this week!
For more help in starting or growing your business, join me for my weekly Golden Coaching Circle Calls!