With my husband Glenn’s sister and nephew in town, I decided to make a gluten free, kid friendly meal of Lasagna Bolognese!
For more photos…
With my husband Glenn’s sister and nephew in town, I decided to make a gluten free, kid friendly meal of Lasagna Bolognese!
For more photos…
Years ago when I was a new and struggling psychotherapist, I worked part time at Morton’s Steakhouse to help pay off some student loans.
This was a time in my life that I was working about 75 hours a week, making a little over $2,000 a month.
I really believed that if I worked harder I would make more money.
Can you relate?
Do you too think that working hard is what you need to do to make more money?
I have since learned that working hard alone does not equal more money.
Fortunately, working at a place like Morton’s Steakhouse, I was in an environment of excellence. Everything at Morton’s was “the best”. They insisted on the best cuts of meat, the best lobster, the best produce, the best everything!
Morton’s stood for the best and therefore the clients that Morton’s attracted alsowanted the best for their lives. What I saw modeled for me, was people who were not afraid to want the best in life, in fact, they expected it!
People of a high caliber not only want the best, they have a belief that they deserve the best AND they are willing to pay for the best.
Deep inside, don’t you too “want” the best for your life? Many of us were not brought up with the belief system to “expect” the best. So often people are taught to settle, to be compliant, and to appreciate what you do have.
With this mentality we can get used to a “barely enough” way of living. Somehow mediocrity can slip in and not only become normal, but in fact, what we expect. Many of us became programmed to “just get by”.
I believe many of us in the women’s entrepreneurial community have shifted from “barely enough” to more than enough in our mentalities. To fully make this shift, we must change our beliefs about what we deserve.
Are you willing to do what it takes to experience the best in life?
The best doesn’t just happen, it’s attracted through desire.
Being treated like a Queen means being treated like the best! My husband treats me so wonderfully that tonight, in honor of Morton’s, I decided to cook him some of their famous recipes!
I chose their delicious and healthy black bean soup, along with the slightly more indulgent bacon wrapped scallops with apricot chutney!
I always strive to take a stand for the best, especially when it comes to my cooking, which is why I always use the freshest ingredients available.
Working at Morton’s definitely taught me about what constitutes good food, and even though I was just a bus girl, I was educated about excellence. When you demand the best, like Morton’s did, you attract the best clients.
What do you stand for? Who are you attracting?
My clients often ask me, “Where are the high-paying clients?”
I respond that change always begins with us.
Are YOU being the woman who naturally attracts high-paying clients?
Tips for attracting “the best”:
1. Get a grip on your beliefs about yourself: Morton’s doesn’t have low self-worth or low self-esteem. Too often we’re looking for validation from others. It’s important to not expect potential clients or customers, or friends, or a man to value you more than you’re willing to value yourself.
2. Surround yourself with others who model well “expecting the best.” Though most of our parents, religious leaders, teachers, and healers have done the best they know to care for us, they too were not always giving the tools necessary to live at a high frequency. Find people in your life today who take a stand for the best for themselves and learn from them. If you don’t have those people in your life right now, ask God to bring them to you. Truly, when the student is ready, the teacher appears!
3. Give yourself permission to receive and create your TRUE desires: Women are so wise! And our intuition holds the answers for “the best” for us. If we’d only let the voice inside have a microphone! You do know what the best is for you. I know this because of the hundreds of women I’ve coached over the past 10 years, when I ask a woman, “What do you really want?” She always knows. She always has answer. Though rarely has she given herself permission to act on it.
I coached a woman recently who was feeling stuck in life romantically, financially, and personally. She has a birthday coming up and she had mentioned that she used to go to Paris for her birthday each year. When I asked her what she was going to do for her birthday this year, all she felt she could afford was to go to a French bakery in the town where she lives.
I suggested, why don’t you go to Paris? That’s what you REALLY want? She said, “Yes!”…and in that decision, we started to look for the ways to make what had minutes before, only been a distant dream.
When you ask a better question, such as, “How CAN I go to Paris for my birthday this year?”…you get a MUCH better answer!
Allow for “the best” in your life…starting today!
How Are You Showing Up In Life?
“Yes”, “No”, or “On the Fence”
By Gina DeVee
I’ve been outlandishly impressed with our women’s entrepreneur community this Fall. I’m seeing woman after woman stepping up, playing big, finally, getting over her money issues and making the money that supports a Queen and her entire purpose.
Women all over the place are selling $100k programs, $50k programs, $25k programs, $15k group programs, $10k programs.
There was a time in my life–not but 3 years ago–that everywhere I looked all I saw were other struggling service-based women entrepreneurs.
This soulful and holistic tribe I was part of had gotten used to playing small, living on crumbs and just barely getting by. Some were stressed about paying their bills, while others could just barely live within their means.
Fast-forward a few years later, ALL I’m seeing is women making money, BIG money and more importantly, truly living and teaching their purpose.
As a result: debts have been paid off, cars have been purchased, international trips taken, wardrobes bought, employees hired, bills paid on time, new love relationships manifested, gorgeous home environments moved into…AND women living their dream with the ripple effect of their clients then living their dreams.
So what’s the change and why the difference?
It all comes down to:
1. Getting the guidance from someone skilled who can see WAY more for you than is even in your current consciousness.
2. Getting to a clear answer of YES and making a definite decision for your forward movement.
3. Getting “off the fence”. Whatever it is, whatever you need, to up-level, get clear on what it is and understand that successful people take BIG “risks” to get their quantum leaps. Staying in indecision, going back and forth, talking to a bunch of people just keeps you separate from what you really want and definitely keeps you away from manifesting.
4. Stop saying “No” to your dreams. Most women are sitting on the sidelines of life watching many other people achieve what they themselves wish they had in their on lives. We’ve heard legend after legend say, “If I can do this anyone can…” It’s because with God, none of us are any more special than another. If the desire is in your heart to travel, be financially free, move to a new home or another state, have a blissful loving relationship…then that is exactly what you are meant to have!
5. Successful women have mentors–that’s how the got where they are. Who’s your mentor? Who’s pushing you into your greatness? Who can see WAY beyond your view? And are you being closely mentored by this person? Reading their ezines, signing up for free courses, taking lower dollar group classes is all great for gathering information. I suggest that you find a coach who has a program that gives you personalized, and individual attention so that the uniqueness of you gets what it needs for you to THRIVE!
Is Clutter Stopping Your Cash Flow?
By Gina DeVee
Maybe your home doesn’t look exactly like this on the outside, but might you feel like this on the inside?Clutter. It’s a nasty little weapon we use to keep us from living our dreams. When we’re all filled up on the inside we cannot let new and fresh ideas enter our minds, hearts and lives.
And of course we know that…what is occurring on the outside is a reflection of how we feel on the inside.
So to help you get in-tune with your emotions, take a look around your home, office and car. You will likely discover MUCH about your emotional well-being by how tidy some areas are and what little attention you give to other spots.
For example, is your living room neat, but your bedroom a mess? It might show that you care a lot about the rooms other people would see, but not as much about yourself and the room where you slumber each evening.
I remember a friend of mine showed me a beautiful antique lamp she bought. She was trying to make it fit in her living room, but the style and spacing wasn’t quite right. I suggested she place it in her bedrooms where the colors would be perfect.
She instantly replied, “No! Then no one will see it.” I said, “You and your husband will.” But it was too late. She was scurrying down the hall to squish it back in the living room. Ironically, let’s just say, the light is “out” in her marriage also.
This past weekend I had an absolute BLAST staying in and organizing all the rooms in my home. The truth is I was uncluttering. It was a thrill to throw out, throw out, AND throw out ALL of what I didn’t need, didn’t use and didn’t really want.
I was amazed at the stack of things that have been sitting in my “To Do” pile AND how long they have been there. The funny thing is, most of the “to do’s” I actually threw out, and the others I sat down and did right then and there.
As a result, I feel so well taken care of, highly organized and in control of my life. I have so much more mental and emotional space to connect with me and connect with others.
Gina DeVee’s Top 8 Areas of WHAT to Unclutter:
1. Start in your bedroom and get rid of ALL clothes and accessories that you don’t feel absolutely beautiful wearing. (Stop waiting until you lose 10 lbs. to fit into pants that are already out of style)!
2. Get rid of shoes that don’t fit you well, that you don’t love or haven’t worn in a year.
3. Give away all those purses that you think you might save to wear to some wedding some day, or finally buy something to match it.
4. Go through your bathroom and get rid of all the little bits of makeup, 1/2 used or unused samples of creams and shampoos and mud masks. Only keep what you love AND use.
5. Go through your office and FILE what NEEDS to be filed, enter into your database the business cards you keep saying you’re going to give to your assistant to do and then throw out all the business cards (back up your computer first) and any other papers that have been sitting there for months.
6. Organize your bills, write your checks, mail or make your online payments. If you can’t make a payment, then make a phone call and set up a time when you can. This will unclutter your mind.
7. Go through your voicemail messages and emails to handle, resolve and complete what you’ve been avoiding.
8. Go through your kitchen and get rid of plastic containers that don’t have matching lids/bottoms, let go of mugs you don’t use and any plates as well.
Gina DeVee’s Top 5 WAYS to Unclutter:
1. Sell it! Ebay, an estate or apartment sale or Craig’s List are all great places to earn some cash for your stash.
2. Donate! Call The Salvation Army, Purple Heart, or any other local homeless shelters, women’s organizations and children’s centers and let them have what you don’t use.
3. Delete it! Remember those emails and voicemail messages you organized? Time to delete them!
3. Give it away! You might have really great clothes that a friend or family member would love. What’s old to you can be new to someone else.
4. Pitch it! That’s right. Stop all the saving for the “one day I might use or need it” mantra. Trust me. Filling up garbage bags will have you feeling like you lost weight, cleared your mind and will give you the space for your creativity, femininity and dreams!
How to Be a Rockstar In Business
By Gina DeVee
I watched Fergie perform at the Super Bowl, as I’m sure many of you did as well, and I watched her in her own her queenhood.
I know nothing about her life, I don’t even know about her story. But I’ll tell you what I do know. I personally was inspired by her not living in any form of a level of mediocrity with her performance.
I also watched the alien dancers in their glowing suits. So when you think about it, for aspiring dancers or singers, performing at the Super Bowl was probably a really big deal for those hundreds of, basically extras, right?
And do you know how excited we can get in our life, to be an extra?
Or to talk about any of our friends who are extras, or even watch the extras, right? Like, “Look at those glowing people. That must be really cool to be part of the Super Bowl.”
And so, I want you to look at where you’re setting the bar for yourself…
Have you forgotten about what
you’re really capable of?
Have you forgotten about what’s possible for you?
I looked at everything from the circumference of Fergie’s thighs, (yes I did), to her outfit, to her skin, to her hair, to the power in her voice, to the way that she held herself.
The fact is that she not only was the only woman on stage, she was THE act in the group, right?
She wasn’t a backup singer,
she wasn’t an extra,
she wasn’t one of many…
she was living her life.
And you are meant to live your life.
You’re not meant to live in a mediocre place which, by the way, mediocre can look pretty darn good, right?
That’s the Law of Relativity. What’s mediocre and what’s rockstar? I know that you know the answer to that. What is mediocre, and what is rockstar in your life?
Is it good enough for you, that you’re actually pretty happy with making whatever; $5,000, $10,000, $20,000 per month?
And we know it’s not about the numbers, but we know that the numbers have a frequency to them.
What level of frequency are you living at and
what level are you going for in your life?
Really allow yourself to have the whole package. Allow yourself to not be excited about being an extra or about being one of many.
Now this notion doesn’t come from the spirit of ego and standing out, and being a superstar for superstar’s sake.
It’s about the notion, the spirit, of being a superstar “for such a time as this”. It’s because of your life purpose, because of what’s meant for you. It’s also about not only just being of service in an energetically low-frequency way.
You don’t have to be wealthy OR have a great man.
You can have both.
You can be wealthy and you can change the lives of others. We can be transforming lives differently, better, more holistically, more thoroughly, and ultimately completely.
The opportunity I see for all of us today is to become conscious of:
What level have you decided is
good enough in your life?
Are you really “Fergie-ing” it?
Are you really owning your place in this world? Are you really allowing all of the opportunities and the level of abundance and the level of power to flow through you in such a way that other lives will be uplifted, transformed, changed, and healed, because you decided to focus on being the greatest woman you know how to be?
Have you decided to focus on absolutely living your destiny, with no shoulders hunched over, and no “I’m not good enough,” and no “How could I,” and no “It’ll never happen for me.”
Push your shoulders back. Lift your chin.
Be the Queen you are.
There’s no lack of inspiration, cheerleaders or coaching advice on how to become successful. But I’ll tell you what even the greatest coach cannot do is want it more for you than you want it for yourself.Reach out and utilize all of the skills, all of the tools, all of the resources that are available for you to be a rockstar in your business, for you to be your own Fergie and for you to claim your queenhood.
I invite you to look around and see who, what, where, when, and how you need to go to the next level in your life.
Invite yourself out of whatever level of mediocrity you might be in and let yourself evolve, expand into owning and claiming your rightful place as Queen in your life.
What’s Keeping YOU From Being a Benevolent Queen?
By: Gina DeVee
In preparing for today’s free call on How to Make Money So You Can Give Money, I studied the themes of what our community is sharing about what is keeping women small and not living into their greatness.
Here are some of the results:
- I’m too scattered
- I need help focusing
- How can I get clear on what my talents are that will make money and serve?
- I want encouragement and guidance
- I’m tired of doing it all on my own
- I’ve got to get past my own fear and negative self-talk, but how?
- I need coaching on how to manage my time
- How can I get out of my own negative grooves?
- How do I draw in paying clients and sell year-long programs?
- I want to grow my business…AND I want a loving relationship in my life
- How do I get past the fear and beat the resistance?
This is just a sample of what women shared with me about the belief systems that keep women back.
Sound like you?
Here are 3 ways to move past limiting beliefs and behaviors in your life that keep you broke:
1. Have a staff meeting with yourself everyday: The truth is, you DO have the answers…they are within you and they are given to us all when we ask God and our intuition for guidance. The problem is that most women are too busy with activity, that the exact solutions that we need, we’re not hearing simply because we have not stopped to ask.
Personal note: I start my days with a coffee, my journal and some quiet time where I get grounded and organized within myself before I start my day. When I don’t, I suffer, and so does everyone around me!
2. Make srue you are reading abundance and wealth consciousness materials to help you keep your vibration high. It takes a lot of “fuel” to function at a high frequency, so make sure you’re filling your energy up daily.
Personal note: I’m currently reading: Grow Rich While You Sleep, by Ben Sweetland.
3. Get plenty of rest. I know we hear this all of the time, however, as Queens, we really do need our beauty sleep to feel grounded, confident and whole.
Personal note: I shut my computer down at the LATEST by 8pm and always make sure I have a fabulous dinner with my husband, and plenty of time to wind down before enjoying my night’s rest.
4. Get coaching advice from a mentor. We are WAY past the era of doing everything for ourselves. All successful people hire experts, mentors, coaches and consultants to assist them in fulfilling their destiny. Make sure you have an abundant success team, starting with a coach you have access to and relate to. It starts with a decision, not the money.
Personal note: I didn’t always have the money for high level coaching. However, from the first moment I stopped saying, “I’d love to be in that coaching program, but I don’t have the money…” And made the decision to hire the coaches I wanted to, no matter what, the money always came in for the coaching.
5. Be surrounded in community. This is no time to be a spiritual lone ranger. We women thrive (since ancient times) by being in tribal and community connections. There are many communities in person and virtual waiting to meet you and vice versa!
Personal note: Believe it or not, I can tend to isolate. So I understand the urge to stay inside. I will tell you that staying inside behind my computer kept me broke, and pushing myself to get out, meet people and create true connections, not only changed my career, it deepened me as a woman and has developed me into the broader Queen I allow myself to be today.