There’s no better way to start your Thanksgiving holidays–I think–other than with a festive cocktail! (Well, I do suppose that if your festivities start in the morning, and that’s the way you roll…enjoy. For me, I start with java…and then our festivities launch during the mid afternoon).
I saw this recipe for cranberry margaritas in the December 2006 Bon Appetit magazine.
Tomorrow I’m trying it out! I’m actually trying all new recipes for this year’s feast. If you make this recipe, please leave a comment below and let me know your opinion on it!
1. 1 1/4 cups premium tequila
2. 1 1/4 cups frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
3. 1 cup canned jellied cranberry sauce
4. 10 tablespoons fresh lime juice
5. 6 tablespoons orange liqueur ( like Grand Marnier)
1. Blend ingredients in blender until smooth.
2. Transfer to large glass measuring cup.
3. Pour half of Margarita base into blender.
4. Add 3 1/2 cups ice cubes.
5. Blend until mixture is slushy; pour into salt-rimmed margarita glasses.
6. Garnish with fresh cranberries.
7. Repeat with remaining Margarita base and 3 1/2 cups ice cubes.
Bon Appetit, December 2006