I’m enjoying my time in the English countryside. After nearly 6 months of traveling, my husband and I decided to hunker down in a rustic farmhouse for the next few weeks before we return to California. It’s such a different way of life here, slower, quite elegant in many ways, and certainly simpler than my life in LA, though in some ways more challenging too. Travel has given me such an appreciation for diverse cultures ~ including my own, and I truly don’t find one better than another, as much as I just love the best of what each has to offer. Here’s a great example…
Sunday lunch at a “proper” English pub
I pondered about how (and where) to spend my last few weeks of this epic 6-month journey…I thought maybe the South of France? A cooking school in Italy? Go up to Scotland? And as I searched the web, and my heart, what I decided the best adventure I could take is to clear the space for new.
I’m moving in a new direction of my business and have new personal life desires too, and what occurred to me is that for all of these new dreams to manifest, I need to clear the space for them to come in to my life. So rather than revving up and leaving Europe with a “bang”, Glenn and I decided to cleanse, go within, and enjoy completing this 7 year glorious chapter, before bringing in all of the new and exciting dreams we have for ourselves, our marriage, our business and our lives.
So for me, I’m calling it a DIY Detox…partially health related (no more Sunday lunches at the pub), somewhat emotionally related and mostly a mega “pattern interrupt” to allow new ideas, opportunities and beliefs to take root.
For me, here’s what my DIY Detox looks like so far:
1. I set a time period to commit to being in this zone: 16 days
2. I decided to ramp up taking my supplements again
3. I am choosing to not consume caffeine, alcohol, sugar, dairy, breads/grains during this time period
4. Yes, I’m working out…daily
5. I’m not thinking/speaking negatively and when I start…I catch myself and stop quickly
6. I’m connecting with friends more–in person and via Skype
7. I’m reading books that keep my vibration high
8. I’m journaling daily my vision of what I’m calling in–so exciting!
9. I’m clearing out old emails/voicemails, having bills paid etc.
10. I’m forgiving myself and others from past hurts, conflicts and judgments
You’re welcome to join me and create your own DIY Detox. You can borrow some of mine, add your own elements and even persuade a friend to detox with you. What is it that you crave? What do you want to make room for? What are your intentions and visions for the next 90 days? What do you need to add/delete from your life either permanently or temporarily?
Leave your comments below..
Divine Living Radio Show Today!
I’m going to be discussing the topic of: DIY Detox: Clearing the Space for New on my Divine Living Radio Show today:
Listen Online or Call-in Live:
10am LA; 1pm NYC; 6pm London; 7pm Paris
Primary dial in number: (206) 402-0100
Secondary dial in number: (818) 742-0029
Guest pin code: 013584#
P.S. Leave a comment about your favorite ways to DIY Detox!